Edifier H850 Headphones Review
The Edifier H850 are a wallet friendly set of wired headphones. Coming in simple packaging you’ll find the H850’s come with a 3.5mm cable and a 1/4-inch jack, but no case.
If you are planning to travel you’ll be glad to know the ear cups can be rotated to give a flatter profile.
Unlike the recently reviewed Edifier W800BT headphones, the H850s are a wired pair of headphones and they come with a a good length cable. This isn’t hardwired into the headphones which means you can replace it with your own longer or shorter cable if required.
Note there are no inline controls so if you plan to use these with a mobile you’ll need to adjust your volume and skip tracks directly on your device.
Specs from the Edifier website:
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20Hz～20kHz
- IMPEDANCE: 32Ω
- CONNECTOR TYPE: Straight
- MAXIMUM POWER: 50mW
- SOUND PRESSURE LEVEL: 96dB
- CABLE LENGTH: 2m
- WEIGHT: 0.17KG
- CONNECTOR: 3.5mm
- INLINE CONTROL: No
The headphones are light weight, well padded around the top and around the ear cups making these very comfortable to wear when out and about.
Some of the weight saving over other speakers comes from these being wired only, not only do they save weight from batteries, they also won’t ever need charging up.
The ear cups will cover most peoples ears, (very handy in the current cold weather!) cutting out enough of the world to enjoy music without stopping you hearing important sounds such as traffic.
Sound quality is excellent for the cost, the H850s provide a really nice, balanced, sound for the price, offering a decent bass and good volume without any distortion.
You’ll hear these have a little some sound leakage when in use, but not a massive amount.
For the price the Edifier H850 wired headphones offer good value for money in terms of sound quality, style and comfort.
The Edifier H850 headphones are available from:
Edifier H850 Headphones Video Review
OneOdio Over Ear Headphone Studio Wired Bass Headsets with 50mm Driver, Foldable Lightweight Headphones with Shareport and Mic for DJ Recording Monitoring Mixing Podcast Guitar PC TV (Golden Grey)
- BASS SOUND: Enjoy clear sound and comfort with the OneOdio Studio monitor headphones. Large, 50 millimeter speaker unit drivers combined with neodymium magnets; powerful bass, clear vocal, and crisp high tones form stereo sound
- BUILT TO STAY COMFORTABLE: The soft padded ear cushions are designed for monitor headphones comfort and noise isolation. The headband is adjustable and stretchable for you to find the desired angle you like to fit in
- NO MORE ADAPTER: DJ style coiled cord (9.8Ft Stretched) easily reaches from the TV or stereo to your chair. A standard-sized 6.35mm plug and a 3.5mm plug are included. They both are completely detachable, you can plug in the mixer you want to use
- SINGLE-SIDE MONITORING: 90° swiveling ear cups for single-ear monitoring anytime; self-adjustable and flexible headband delivers a fatigue-free listening experience that can last for hours, ideal for mastering and mixing
- Works with: All devices have 3.5mm or 6.35mm audio jack. Bass sound, durability, and comfort. These are the headphones you've been looking for
Sony MDREX110APB.CE7 Deep Bass Earphones with Smartphone Control and Mic - Metallic Black
£11.99 in stock
5 used from £11.15
- In-line microphone for phone calls
- Assignable controls for smartphone control and integration
- 9 mm high sensitivity driver
- Neodymium magnet for a more powerful sound delivery
- Hybrid silicone rubber earbuds for a comfortable and secure fit
JVC Lightweight Headphones - Black
1 used from £8.64
- Light weight Headphone for maximum media entertainment
- Ideal for portable devices such as MP3, MD and CD players
- Adjustable headband