AmazonBasics portable photo studio review
The AmazonBasics portable photo studio has been designed for those looking to get nice clean images of items, specifically for those interested in product photography.
After ordering from Amazon you’ll find it arrives in its collapsed configuration. I found in this flat form the carry handle came in very useful for transportation and storage, after all, who’s going to leave this up all the time?
I like the design, it can store the LED power pack in the top section, so when this is collapsed you won’t have a power pack to also carry around separately.
It can be tricky to setup up, but once I got the hang of expanding it I found it only took a minute to prepare. After expanding into the box shape you’ll find an inbuilt white backdrop included.
The manual does a good job of showing how to expand and collapse this but doesn’t give much help when it comes to shooting photos and I found a bit of trial and error was required to get the best from the lightbox.
In total you have 4 different positions to shoot photos from, 3 on the front and one looking down from the top. Although the LED lights are nice and bright you’re going to need to experiment with your camera settings to get the best shots. In the review video you’ll see the OnePlus 3T used and using the automatic settings it produced a reasonable photo but the background crease (caused by it being folded when in storage) was clearly visible. If this is a problem for you you’ll need to experiment with the manual settings, in particular the white balance.
This can lead to much better results, unless you’re taking photos of very light objects in which case they can then be washed out with adjustments to your camera settings.
Overall this is a really well thought out product that will allow you to photograph items as small as jewelry or as large as a games console.
It would be even better if it came with a dark background as well as the white one, but this is something a DIY bodge with some dark fabric might be able to address.
Low cost product photography studio
- Good size, can fit a wide range of items in
- Collapses down for storage/portability
- In built lighting
- Only comes with a white backdrop
- Can be tricky to set up
Amazon Basics Portable Photo Studio
- No assembly required with set-up in less than a minute; Collapses into a thin, portable, and durable portfolio case.
- Measures 25'' x 30'' x 25'' to fit a variety of product sizes; Includes power supply, user manual, and pre-installed removable bright-white backdrop.
- High output built-in LED lights for handheld photography with a camera or smartphone. Lights are positioned for optimum contrast, and provide 5600k daylight balanced LEDs with high Color Rendering Index (CRI) for consistent color. An extra light provides directional light modelling like in a photo studio, giving better highlights, contrast, and shape to product images.
- A front 3-door system maximizes image angles while reducing outside reflections, and a top hole enables imaging from above.
- Compatible with Amazon Seller app; Shoot, edit, and directly upload catalog images to Amazon.
Mini Photo Studio Box, PULUZ 20cm Portable Photography Shooting light Tent Kit, White Folding Lighting Softbox with 20 LED Lights + 6 Backdrops for Product Display
- 【High Brightness】 Customized integrated light-bar design with 20 PCS high-quality SMD LED beads provides enough brightness for shooting.
- 【Multi-angle Shooting】 With one front horizontal shooting window and one vertical window, it can meet different shooting demands.
- 【No Strobe】 Even if using the unprofessional shooting equipments, you still can get high-quality professional pictures.
- 【Fast Installation】 All the installation can be finished with only velcro, without complicated installation process.
- 【USB Power Supply】 Power supply: 5V, 1A (Not support the USB power output voltage more than 5V, such as Quick / Fast Charge). The Power bank is not included in the package.
Logitech C270 HD Webcam, HD 720p/30fps, Widescreen HD Video Calling, HD Light Correction, Noise-Reducing Mic, For Skype, FaceTime, Hangouts, WebEx, PC/Mac/Laptop/Macbook/Tablet - Black
1 used from £24.16
- Full HD widescreen video calling: Logitech C270 let you make widescreen video calls in HD 720p at 30fps. The lense with 60-degree field of view covers all of the action
- HD lighting adjustment: Automatically improves the warmth and balance of your image for whatever setting you are in, so you look your best, even in dim environments
- Built-in noise-reducing mic: Enjoy clear conversation even in busy surroundings and streaming over wifi with noise reducing mic
- Universal clip: Attaches securely to your screen or works as a stand on a shelf or desk, the clip mounts at different angles to bring your friends and family all the details around you
- Ideal for laptop or tablet: Compatible with Windows 10 or later, Windows 8, Windows 7, Mac OS 10.10 or later, and Chrome OS via the USB port