Fitbit are back with a new fitness tracking smartwatch, the Versa. Although many are saying this is the successor to the Fitbit Blaze it looks and feels more like the successor to the Pebble Time, sharing a lot of the promised features of the cancelled Time 2.
It looks similar to the Pebble, with a slightly larger screen that has a better resolution. The Versa doesn’t use eInk, but it is touch screen and the the screen is crisp, clear and very easy to see even in bright daylight. Check out the video review below to see them side by side.
There are three buttons around the watch, a single one on the left and two smaller on the right. Around the back is a heart rate monitor and charging pins.
You charge the Versa via the included charging dock, it’s quick to charge and has very good battery life, easily last 3 to 4 days depending on how many of the features you use.
As you’d expect from Fitbit, the Versa is a brilliant fitness tracker. It’s packed with technology that allows it to track steps, heart rate, sleep, individual activities and workouts.
To help get you moving it has the Fitbit Coach built in, allowing you to perform a guided workout where ever you happen to be.
The Versa is missing GPS, you’ll need your mobile to log where you’ve been, however if you’re not bothered about GPS tracking you can leave you phone at home as this wearable isn’t just a fitness tracking watch, it’s also a music player! Music files can be loaded on via your computer (feels a bit clunky but gets the job done), headphones can be paired with the watch and you can play music without needing your mobile.
You can take advantage of music from Pandora or Deezer, but at the time of review there is no Spotify, hopefully a Spotify app will be added in the future.
For those with supported banks (Santander was recently added in the UK) you make contactless payment at the touch of the watch, very handy if you want to go for a run without cards or money but fancy picking up a drink or snack.
The touchscreen interface works really well, the icons are clear and easy to select, with both real time and historical stats available to view. The stats are also available in the excellent Fitbit app and via the Fitbit website, with all options providing a wealth of information.
Additional apps and watch faces can be installed via the main Fitbit app, there is a good selection of watch faces already, and a number of them will look familiar to Pebble users. There aren’t many additional apps of interest in the store at the moment, again that might change in time.
One are the Pebble is excellent at is notifications, with the watch pinging at the same time as the mobile. Notifications on the Versa have been hit and miss, sometimes they come through, sometimes they don’t. When they work they’re brilliant, easy to read on the screen and easy to dismiss once you’re finished with them.
There’s a lot to like about the Versa, and being software based it can only get better as more features and apps are rolled out. It’s comfortable to wear, looks great and provides a very comprehensive set of fitness and sleep tracking stats.
The Fitbit Versa is available now from:
Fitbit Versa Video Review
Fitbit Versa Health & Fitness Smartwatch with Heart Rate, Music & Swim Tracking, Black
£160.00 in stock
- Reach your activity goals: tracks steps, distance, floors & active minutes
- Pure Pulse 24/7 heart rate to better track calorie burn
- Tracks light, deep and REM sleep stages
- Connected GPS via your phone, for real time run stats
- Smart experiences including Strava, Uber, Fitbit Pay and music
[6 Pack] Compatible Flexible Screen Protector for FitBit Smart Watch (Versa & Versa Lite)
- Each pack contains 6-pack full coverage screen protector savers
- High Definition and Sensitivity Screen Protector
- Super Easy Installation, MyMobyle screen protectors are very easy to install, includes application wipes
CAVN Screen Protector Case Compatible with Fitbit Versa (Not for Versa 2 & Versa Lite), [2 Packs] TPU Plated Bumper Shell Rugged Cover Full-Cover Scratch-Proof Protective Cover for Versa Smart Watch
- 【Full Coverage, Provide All-round Protection】Made of premium TPU material, all-around Versa Protective Case which Plated TPU Screen Protector, offering external surface protection to your watch without compromising usability. Your beloved watch will look much more elegant and luxury with this special bumper case.
- 【Full Screen Covered Protection】This screen covered case is designed to offer external surface protection to your versa watch. It protects the screen and four sides of watch from scratch, shatter, collision or other damages. Touch screen and sensors functions work fine with the protective cover on.
- 【Durable & Sensitive Touch】Made of premium TPU material, smooth, crystal clear TPU case without influencing touch sensitivity. Gives you original touch sensitivity and high responsive when touching. Precise hole cutouts make it easy access to all buttons.
- 【Need to take off the case before charging】It need to take case off if you use the chargers. This soft TPU protective case can not only protect the four sides of versa smartwatch, but also the watch screen from Scratching, Shatting, and Damages.
- 【100% Warranty Guarantee】If you have any questions and issues about CAVN compatible with Versa case, just feel freely contact us. I will be always here to help you and resolve it for you within 24 hours.