Fitbit are back with a new fitness tracking smartwatch, the Versa. Although many are saying this is the successor to the Fitbit Blaze it looks and feels more like the successor to the Pebble Time, sharing a lot of the promised features of the cancelled Time 2.
It looks similar to the Pebble, with a slightly larger screen that has a better resolution. The Versa doesn’t use eInk, but it is touch screen and the the screen is crisp, clear and very easy to see even in bright daylight. Check out the video review below to see them side by side.
There are three buttons around the watch, a single one on the left and two smaller on the right. Around the back is a heart rate monitor and charging pins.
You charge the Versa via the included charging dock, it’s quick to charge and has very good battery life, easily last 3 to 4 days depending on how many of the features you use.
As you’d expect from Fitbit, the Versa is a brilliant fitness tracker. It’s packed with technology that allows it to track steps, heart rate, sleep, individual activities and workouts.
To help get you moving it has the Fitbit Coach built in, allowing you to perform a guided workout where ever you happen to be.
The Versa is missing GPS, you’ll need your mobile to log where you’ve been, however if you’re not bothered about GPS tracking you can leave you phone at home as this wearable isn’t just a fitness tracking watch, it’s also a music player! Music files can be loaded on via your computer (feels a bit clunky but gets the job done), headphones can be paired with the watch and you can play music without needing your mobile.
You can take advantage of music from Pandora or Deezer, but at the time of review there is no Spotify, hopefully a Spotify app will be added in the future.
For those with supported banks (Santander was recently added in the UK) you make contactless payment at the touch of the watch, very handy if you want to go for a run without cards or money but fancy picking up a drink or snack.
The touchscreen interface works really well, the icons are clear and easy to select, with both real time and historical stats available to view. The stats are also available in the excellent Fitbit app and via the Fitbit website, with all options providing a wealth of information.
Additional apps and watch faces can be installed via the main Fitbit app, there is a good selection of watch faces already, and a number of them will look familiar to Pebble users. There aren’t many additional apps of interest in the store at the moment, again that might change in time.
One are the Pebble is excellent at is notifications, with the watch pinging at the same time as the mobile. Notifications on the Versa have been hit and miss, sometimes they come through, sometimes they don’t. When they work they’re brilliant, easy to read on the screen and easy to dismiss once you’re finished with them.
There’s a lot to like about the Versa, and being software based it can only get better as more features and apps are rolled out. It’s comfortable to wear, looks great and provides a very comprehensive set of fitness and sleep tracking stats.
The Fitbit Versa is available now from:
Fitbit Versa Video Review
Fitbit Versa Lite Health & Fitness Smartwatch with Heart Rate, 4+ Day Battery & Water Resistance, Mulberry & Unisex's Versa Charging Cable, Black, One Size
- Product 1: Pure Pulse 24/7 heart rate to better track calorie burn
- Product 1: Tracks light, deep and REM sleep stages
- Product 1: Connected GPS via your phone, for real time run stats
- Product 1: Smart experiences including Strava, Uber, weather and guided breathing
- Product 2: Fitbit Charging Cable Charging cable Charging cable
AK Replacement compatible with Fitbit Versa 2 Strap/Fitbit Versa Strap, Soft Silicone Sport Straps for Versa Lite/Versa Special Edition/Versa 2 (Oatmeal glitter rose gold, Small)
- 【Applicable Model】:Replacement Straps Compatible with Fitbit Versa 2 / Fitbit Versa / Fitbit Versa Lite / Fitbit Versa Special Edtion. Various new arrival colors to personalize your Fibit Versa for every occasion (Replacement Bands Only: The Fitbit Versa Smart Watch not included)
- 【Seamless Match】:Fits as good as original strap. Simple to install and remove, NO tools required! The end of the band has a lug, which fit your Fitbit Versa / Versa 2 / Fitbit Versa Lite smart watch in place and locked precisely & securely.
- 【Premium Waterproof Material】:Made from flexible high-quality elastomer, sweat resistant & water resistant. Prevents skin from irritation, soft, lightweight and durable, very comfortable to wear
- 【Available in Two Sizes】:Small size: for 5.5"-7.1"wrists Large size: for 7.1"-8.9"wrists
- 【After-sales Service】:If you have any dissatisfaction with replacement bands for Fitbit Versa, please contact us via Amazon e-mail. We will reply to you ASAP.
Fitbit Versa Health & Fitness Smartwatch with Heart Rate, Music & Swim Tracking, Peach
£125.49 in stock
9 used from £84.74
- Reach your activity goals: tracks steps, distance, floors & active minutes
- Pure Pulse 24/7 heart rate to better track calorie burn
- Tracks light, deep and REM sleep stages
- Connected GPS via your phone, for real time run stats
- Smart experiences including Strava, Uber, Fitbit Pay and music