Miiego M1 and AL3+ Freedom Running Headphones Review
Miiego have come out with a couple of sets of sports headphones with the ambitious tag line ‘You move, they don’t’, aiming to address the problem large headphones such as the August EP750 present when you use them in sporting activities, they’re large, bulky and have a habit of slipping off if you’re moving around a lot.
Although you’ll see three headphones in the below review video there are actually only two designs.
The AL3+ Freedoom and AL3+ Freedom Women are both on ear headphones, with the Women version having a smaller connecting wire for a better fit for women and children. Both versions come with a small carry case that contains some spare ear pads and a USB charging cable.
The M1 version are in ear headphones that also come with a carry case and USB charging cable, but instead of ear pads the M1s come with a variety of ear tips.
Both designs feature easily accessible controls for controlling music playback and they connect via bluetooth so you’ve no need for wires to be getting dangerously in the way while working out.
Being designed for use during physical activity we’ve drafted in some professionals for this review. Donna and Rebecca are both seasoned runners who take part in a wide range of event and who regularly train. Donna currently doesn’t use headphones during training as she’s not found a suitable set, Rebecca always has music on while training but is just using a standard set of headphones.
After taking a look at both sets Rebecca chose to test the Miiego M1 in ear headphones, Donna would test the AL3+ Freedom Women headphones.
Miiego AL3+ Freedom
The Al3+ Women were actually tested by two people, Donna and her son Will. Will made use of these on his runs while Donna used them in home workouts which involved lots of star jumps down to plank position, push ups and sit ups. She really liked the fit of these saying “when you’re heads backwards and the earphones are on they don’t move. So in those workouts I’ve found them fantastic.”
Both Donna and Will loved the sound quality and that you could still hear what was going on around you, so for example cars passing while out running.
At first the headphones stayed in place all the time, however in sharing the headphones both Will and Donna reported the fit seemed less snug as time went on and there were a couple of instances where the headphone slipped.
Overall both really liked the AL3+ headphones, reporting them to be comfortable and maintaining a solid connection to the mobile for uninterrupted music playback.
UPDATE: Following publication of this review Miiego got in touch and confirmed it’s best not to share the headphones and also they have a video guide on how to adjust them, see below.
Testing the M1 headphones, Rebecca found that she liked them “more as they gone on in terms of how they fit… they don’t move at all and I would say that they perform really well” she also praised the battery low feedback system that told her, in words, every 7 minutes or so that the batter needed a charge. It was clear enough to get the message without interrupting the playback of music in a bad way.
As well as offering good sound quality Rebecca also said: “What is good about these is the ease of being able to find the buttons. I think with these you have to get a little bit used to them because they have to meld to your ears yeah perfectly and once you’ve done that I think they’re great”, so these aren’t a set of headphones to judge after a single use, you’ll want to give them a week or two to get use them.
Having used a range of headphones the M1 got a big thumbs up for how they look, gone was the Princess Leia image provided by bulky on ear headphones, with these looking a lot more professional when out running or attending events.
The disadvantage of the M1s compared to on ear headphones was the speed in which you can remove them. With on ear headphones you can quickly pull them down if someone is talking to you, these aren’t as quick to remove in that sort of situation.
Both the AL3+ and the M1 come with a small carry case which was praised as being essential for people who are going to use these when travelling or at events. The case was compact enough to pop in a bag, but felt tough enough to ensure the headphones wouldn’t be damaged but anything sitting on top of the case. Both cases had enough space in them to fit the headphones, charging cable and the AL3+ replacement buds or M1 in ear tips.
Overall the Miiego headphones had a very positive reception and Rebecca has already decided that she “will now use these going forwards”.
Donna and Will sharing the AL3+ Women seems to have caused a less snug fit, although this won’t stop them using the headphones and most of the time this hasn’t caused any problems for the continued use.
I tested the AL3+ in day to day activities, such as walking to the shops, for the same amount of time Donna had the AL3+ Women and I haven’t noticed them go any slacker, so if you do invest in a set not sharing them seems to be a sensible policy.
The combination of innovate design, great sound quality, excellent battery life and a solid bluetooth connection makes these an ideal choice for anyone frustrated with their current headphones falling out during sporting activities.
The Miiego headphones are available directly from Miiego’s website or from:
- Amazon.co.uk: http://amzn.to/2x7ZxC0
- Amazon.com: http://amzn.to/2wyjAaZ
- Amazon.ca: http://amzn.to/2wk8XNI
Miiego M1 and AL3+ Freedom Running Headphones Video Review
POCO F3 5G - Smartphone 6+128GB, 6,67” 120Hz AMOLED DotDisplay, Snapdragon 870, 48MP Triple Camera, 4520mAh, Night Black (UK Version + 2 Years Warranty)
8 used from £271.27
- The most powerful POCO device so far, POCO F3 sports Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 5G Mobile Platform, featuring an upgraded Qualcomm Kryo 585 CPU prime core clock speed of up to 3.2 GHz as well as the lightning fast 5G connectivity. Along with the ultra-fast Qualcomm Adreno 650 GPU, POCO F3 delivers superb on-device experience. Paired with LPDDR5 RAM and UFS 3.1 storage, the flagship setup guarantees faster read-write speeds for multitasking.
- POCO F3's 120Hz high refresh rate provides unprecedented smoothness in gaming on the large 6.67" display. Meanwhile, the 360Hz touch sampling rate and the fine-tuned touch algorithm allows the phone to respond extremely fast to the touch of your fingertips. The display features one of the tiniest dots in the industry at just 2.76mm. The minimal dot complements the slim 7.8mm body.
- POCO F3 is equipped with flagship-level dual speakers, offering top-quality mobile entertainment experience. Certified by Dolby Atmos, the speakers provide realistic surround sound, offering an incredible immersive audio-visual experience.
- Innovative three-microphone system. Exceed the physical limitations of optics with artificial intelligence. Combine quality hardware with improved software computing capabilities, and capture the world from different perspectives. Let powerful computing capabilities assist you in creating an abundance of intriguing videos.
- Large 4520mAh(typ) battery. The slim body contains plenty of power. From morning to night, whatever you're playing, the battery easily supports you for hours upon hours. With 33W fast charging, goodbye to low battery anxiety. Experience the Speed with 5G and Wi-Fi 6. Supports 11 global network bands
POCO X3 Pro - Smartphone 6+128GB, 6,67” 120Hz FHD+ DotDisplay, Snapdragon 860, 48MP Quad Camera, 5160mAh, Phantom Black (UK Version + 2 Years Warranty)
4 used from £195.98
- Compared with POCO X3 NFC, POCO X3 Pro elevates performance by featuring Qualcomm SnapdragonTM 860 Mobile Platform, the leading 4G flagship processor in 2021. The powerful platform allows you to enjoy mobile games with high speed, even when playing graphically demanding games on high settings.
- Along with enhanced UFS 3.1, the device offers snappy read and write speeds, so you don't have to wait long to load files, games and apps.
- Featuring flagship 120Hz refresh rate and 240Hz touch sampling rate, POCO X3 Pro touts a display tailor-made for mobile gaming. At a 120Hz high refresh rate, you'll enjoy seamlessly fluid movements in action-packed games and stay ahead of the competition, while the high 240Hz touch sampling rate decreases the touch latency.
- FLAGSHIP DISPLAY PROTECTION. Improved drop performance, survives drops from up to 1.6m onto hard, rough surfaces. Improved scratch performance, up to 2x improvement compared to alternative aluminosilicate.
- SURROUND SOUND EXPERIENCE. Hear the in-game surroundings as if you were there inside the screen. The dual speakers deliver powerful studio-quality sound whether you are playing games or listening to music. ALWAYS POWERED UP. With 5160mAh battery, you can game for hours. With 33W fast charging, the POCO X3 Pro powers up quickly, making sure you're always ready to go. Don't let slow charging hold you back!
Minidiva 552 Holographic Sight Red Green Point Visier / Dot Sight Scope, 10 Levels Brightness, 30x22mm Objective Lens Dia
- Reticle: Red and green crosshairs with 10 brightness levels and automatic closure
- Feature: 1/2 MOA "windage and elevation" by audible click; Universal rail width 20mm; Power supply: AA, R6, 1.5V
- Evaluation Range: ± MOA; Crosshair shock- and water-resistant: ± MOA
- Eye Relief: Free; Field of View (@ 100yds): 30 yards; Optics Coating: Multi Coated
- Holographic vision: Holosights; Magnification: 1.0x; Lens Dia: 30 x 22 mm