Miiego have come out with a couple of sets of sports headphones with the ambitious tag line ‘You move, they don’t’, aiming to address the problem large headphones such as the August EP750 present when you use them in sporting activities, they’re large, bulky and have a habit of slipping off if you’re moving around a lot.
Although you’ll see three headphones in the below review video there are actually only two designs.
The AL3+ Freedoom and AL3+ Freedom Women are both on ear headphones, with the Women version having a smaller connecting wire for a better fit for women and children. Both versions come with a small carry case that contains some spare ear pads and a USB charging cable.
The M1 version are in ear headphones that also come with a carry case and USB charging cable, but instead of ear pads the M1s come with a variety of ear tips.
Both designs feature easily accessible controls for controlling music playback and they connect via bluetooth so you’ve no need for wires to be getting dangerously in the way while working out.
Being designed for use during physical activity we’ve drafted in some professionals for this review. Donna and Rebecca are both seasoned runners who take part in a wide range of event and who regularly train. Donna currently doesn’t use headphones during training as she’s not found a suitable set, Rebecca always has music on while training but is just using a standard set of headphones.
After taking a look at both sets Rebecca chose to test the Miiego M1 in ear headphones, Donna would test the AL3+ Freedom Women headphones.
Miiego AL3+ Freedom
The Al3+ Women were actually tested by two people, Donna and her son Will. Will made use of these on his runs while Donna used them in home workouts which involved lots of star jumps down to plank position, push ups and sit ups. She really liked the fit of these saying “when you’re heads backwards and the earphones are on they don’t move. So in those workouts I’ve found them fantastic.”
Both Donna and Will loved the sound quality and that you could still hear what was going on around you, so for example cars passing while out running.
At first the headphones stayed in place all the time, however in sharing the headphones both Will and Donna reported the fit seemed less snug as time went on and there were a couple of instances where the headphone slipped.
Overall both really liked the AL3+ headphones, reporting them to be comfortable and maintaining a solid connection to the mobile for uninterrupted music playback.
UPDATE: Following publication of this review Miiego got in touch and confirmed it’s best not to share the headphones and also they have a video guide on how to adjust them, see below.
Testing the M1 headphones, Rebecca found that she liked them “more as they gone on in terms of how they fit… they don’t move at all and I would say that they perform really well” she also praised the battery low feedback system that told her, in words, every 7 minutes or so that the batter needed a charge. It was clear enough to get the message without interrupting the playback of music in a bad way.
As well as offering good sound quality Rebecca also said: “What is good about these is the ease of being able to find the buttons. I think with these you have to get a little bit used to them because they have to meld to your ears yeah perfectly and once you’ve done that I think they’re great”, so these aren’t a set of headphones to judge after a single use, you’ll want to give them a week or two to get use them.
Having used a range of headphones the M1 got a big thumbs up for how they look, gone was the Princess Leia image provided by bulky on ear headphones, with these looking a lot more professional when out running or attending events.
The disadvantage of the M1s compared to on ear headphones was the speed in which you can remove them. With on ear headphones you can quickly pull them down if someone is talking to you, these aren’t as quick to remove in that sort of situation.
Both the AL3+ and the M1 come with a small carry case which was praised as being essential for people who are going to use these when travelling or at events. The case was compact enough to pop in a bag, but felt tough enough to ensure the headphones wouldn’t be damaged but anything sitting on top of the case. Both cases had enough space in them to fit the headphones, charging cable and the AL3+ replacement buds or M1 in ear tips.
Overall the Miiego headphones had a very positive reception and Rebecca has already decided that she “will now use these going forwards”.
Donna and Will sharing the AL3+ Women seems to have caused a less snug fit, although this won’t stop them using the headphones and most of the time this hasn’t caused any problems for the continued use.
I tested the AL3+ in day to day activities, such as walking to the shops, for the same amount of time Donna had the AL3+ Women and I haven’t noticed them go any slacker, so if you do invest in a set not sharing them seems to be a sensible policy.
The combination of innovate design, great sound quality, excellent battery life and a solid bluetooth connection makes these an ideal choice for anyone frustrated with their current headphones falling out during sporting activities.
The Miiego headphones are available directly from Miiego’s website or from:
- Amazon.co.uk: http://amzn.to/2x7ZxC0
- Amazon.com: http://amzn.to/2wyjAaZ
- Amazon.ca: http://amzn.to/2wk8XNI
Miiego M1 and AL3+ Freedom Running Headphones Video Review
Xiaomi 12 - Smartphone 8+256GB, 6.28” 120Hz AMOLED Display, Snapdragon 8 Gen 1, 50MP+13MP+5MP Triple Camera, 4500mAh, Gray (UK Version + 2 Years Warranty)
2 used from £590.01
- Featuring Qualcomm's most advanced mobile platform, Snapdragon 8 Gen 1, the device sets the bar for next-generation computing with a cutting-edge 4nm technology process. While the GPU capabilities have increased 30% in terms of graphics rendering, and energy efficiency has increased 25%, Xiaomi 12 is capable of delivering unprecedented levels of performance and power efficiency over its predecessor
- Xiaomi 12 boasts a 50MP pro-grade main camera, a 13MP ultra-wide angle camera, and a 5MP telemacro camera. To complement the impressive hardware,the device is also equipped with Xiaomi’s advanced AI algorithm across a wide range of scenarios to enable cinematic capabilities with professional special effects and creative options including Xiaomi ProFocus, One-click AI cinema, etc.
- Xiaomi 12 features a 6.28-inch AMOLED screen with an FHD+ resolution of 2400 x 1080, provides over 68 billion colors, and comes with TrueColor display delivered by professional color calibration. The device also supports a 120Hz AdaptiveSync refresh rate and up to 480Hz touch sampling rate, ensuring an incredibly smooth entertainment experience. Featuring Dolby Vision and HDR 10+, users can enjoy ultra-vivid images backed by incredible brightness, contrast, and colors full of details. All the while, accredited with Low blue light certification, Xiaomi 12 is designed with caring for users' eyes
- This immersive visual experience is also complemented by an outstanding audio experience. Powered by a pair of symmetrical speakers, Xiaomi 12 boasts cinematic-grade stereo sound delivered with SOUND BY Harman Kardon, and supports Dolby Atmos
- Hard as it is to believe, Xiaomi 12 packs a 4,500mAh battery in its extremely compact body, thanks to upgraded high-power density battery material, to offer all-day use and life free from battery anxiety. For a better battery life, Xiaomi AdaptiveCharge - Xiaomi’s smart charging algorithm, works in tandem to learn users’ overnight charging behavior and optimizing accordingly. Xiaomi 12 also supports Xiaomi 67W wired and 50W wireless turbo charging
Abena Abri-Form Premium M1, All-In-One, Hip/Waist Size 70-110 cm, 2000 ml Absorbency, Pack of 26
- BREATHABILITY: 100 percent breathability for healthy skin and optimum comfort
- FAST ABSORBTION: core technology ensuring fast absorbtion and odour control
- TOP-DRY-SYSTEM: ensures a dry surface to protect the skin
- WETNESS INDICATOR: with a graduation scale ensuring efficient use of the pad
- CURVED LEG ELASTICS: to ensure optimum fit, with leakage barriers for extra leakage protection
Nabila 4-16X44 Rifle Scope AOE Red & Green Illuminated Mil Dot with Flip-Open Covers, Sunshade Tube
- Milling reticle Reference points along both vertical and horizontal axes .provides fast, simple, superior experience for shots in various distances. Green and red illuminations, magnifications from 4X up to 16X, 44 mm Objective Diameter, 5-level Brightness Control, 37.5cm Length
- Adjustable elevation and windage (with lock)to improve shooting accuracy. Made of aerospace aluminum alloy, durable and versatile. Click Value: 0-1/4"@100yards
- Milling reticle & zero-stop& reticle illumination,second focal plane(FFP Scope)
- Nitrogen filled shockproof&waterproof&fogproof
- Come with 20mm rails mount by default. Suitable for most rifles and air rifles. Old fashioned ones may need extra accessories. Please let us know if you meet any problems.