Sony Xperia XA Ultra Review
- 6" Full HD display with rounded form and borderless design
- 16MP front camera with smart selfie flash
- 23MP rear facing camera
- Operating System: Google Android 7.0 (Nougat). Battery: 2700mAh(Qnovo Adaptive Charging)
I’ve been testing this mobile for work and it’s a really great handset if you want a large screen mobile for a reasonable price.
At the time of review this was running Android 6 and it has a nice, clean, Sony interface which is lovely to use. Given the massive screen it’s good to see Sony have thought to add a single hand mode, which shrinks the screen into the bottom left or right corner.
It’s also nice to see the inclusion of a camera button, but I did find the phone didn’t react as quick as I’d like when pressing the button down, so it’s fortunate you can still use the on screen controls.
Games run well and look good on the large screen, no chance of your hands getting in the way of the action when using on screen controls. However you will likely find your hands will muffle the sound when playing a game in portrait mode as the speaker is on the bottom.
The cameras are good, this is a great mobile if you’re into selfies or vlogging.
And that seems to have been the focus for Sony with this mobile, a good mid range mobile that offers a large screen and good cameras, both front and back.
If you’ve not had a large mobile before I’d recommend popping into a store to check this isn’t going to be too big for you. The XA Ultra is a lovely looking device but I imagine the size isn’t going to suit everybody.
Sony Xperia XA Ultra Video Review
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra 6-Inch 32 GB Android O Dual UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Black
£342.99 in stock
1 used from £ 281.57
- dual front camera system with night portrait flash with 16MP Optical Image Stabilization and also a 8MP super wide angle camera
- 23MP camera with 4K video recording
- 6 inches FHD
- Fingerprint sensor. Large 3580 mAh battery
- Metallic design. Diamond-cut aluminium top & bottom. Loop surface