The Airpulse A200 speaker system is a big pair of speakers offering a big sound.
They’re black on the front with a cherry red finish for the cabinet. There’s an amplifier built in so you can use these directly with your music source, no need for an additional amplifier.
The right hand speaker is the active speaker and around the back you’ll find a variety of connectors: stereo RC inputs, stereo balanced XLR inputs, coaxial input, optical input and you can also connect to these via Bluetooth (with AptX supported). The right speaker also has controls for bass, treble and a volume/input two in one control, much like the recently reviewed Edifer S2000 Pro speaker set.
As well as controls on the back a small remote is included, or you can control the volume on your mobile if connected via Bluetooth. And you’ll need to if you want to use streaming services, in an ages of services such as Spotify it’s disappointing to find this very expensive set doesn’t have any inbuilt streaming features, you’ll need to either stream from your mobile or connect something that streams from Spotify.
Setup doesn’t take long, active speakers such as this always may it easy to get setup as you just need to plug in the power and connect your source(s) and you’re good to go. Keep in mind these are fairly large speakers, measuring W203 x H355 x D295 (mm) and they weigh 19KG (42lbs).
Sound quality is very good, easily filling a room with nice clear and detailed audio. You can crank the volume up without distortion (but with complaints from the neighbors!), and although a decent amount of bass is present tuning the bass knob up didn’t result in the thumping output you might expect.
The Airpulse A200 speaker set offer a big sound our of a big set of speakers, but they come with a big price attached. And it’s that high price that causes a problem as while these speakers are excellent they didn’t seem significantly better than other Edifier speakers previously reviewed that cost a LOT less than the A200s.
The Airpulse A200 speaker system is available from:
Edifier Airpulse A200 Video Review
Edifier R1280DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Optical Input - Wireless Studio Monitors - 4 Inch Near Field Speaker - 42w RMS - Black
1 used from £105.00
- BLUETOOTH WIRELESS - Popular classic bookshelf speakers now can be enjoyed without the hassle of wires. Simply connection to an iPhone, Android, Tablet, PC or Mac.
- STUDIO SOUND QUALITY - Naturally fine tuned sound reproduction from 4 inch bass and 13mm silk dome tweeter.
- OPTICAL AND COAXIAL INPUTS - Digital inputs to enable lossless connection to most TV and computers.
- REMOTE CONTROL - Adjust the volume and toggle inputs at your fingertips. Bass and treble control located on the side of main speaker.
Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers - 2.0 Active Near Field Monitors - Studio Monitor Speaker - Wooden Enclosure - 42 Watts RMS
5 used from £79.00
- 2 x AUX INPUT - Convenient connection to any device that has a 3.5mm headphone output or dual RCA output. Connect to two devices via AUX at the same time, no plugging and switching needed.
- STUDIO SOUND QUALITY - Natural sound reproduction from 13mm silk dome tweeter and 4 inch full range unit
- REMOTE CONTROL - Adjust volume at your figure tips. Bass and treble control located on the side of main speaker.
- CLASSIC WOOD FINISH - High quality MDF wood build finished with wood effect vinyl serves as a great compliment to any home decor.
Edifier TWS1 Pro True Wireless Earbuds - Bluetooth V5.2 - CVC 8.0 Noise Cancelling Earbuds - 42H Playtime - IP65 Waterproof - USB C - Built-in Dual Microphones-Dark Grey
£49.99 in stock
- ♪【Hi-Fi aptX HD】AptX audio decoding technology provides full-range CD quality sound performance, deep bass and tri-frequency balance, tuning by professional acoustic team.
- ♪【Noise Cancelling Microphone】 CVC 8.0 noise cancelling technology automatically reduces background noise and records your voice accurately to ensure high-clear audio transmission with rich details.
- ♪【Dual or Solo Earbud Use】Enable use single earbud usage independently. Personalize what you hear by Mono or Stereo mode.
- ♪【Bluetooth V5.2】 Qualcomm chipset with Bluetooth V5.2 delivers faster, more stable signal transmission and lower power consumption for 12 hours playback time and an additional 30 hours with charging case.
- ♪【Compact Design with IP65 Waterproof】- The lightweight and compact design can release the pressure on the ears, suitable for long time wearing, optimal wearing comfort, also prevents dust, rain and sweat with IP65 dustproof and waterproof technology, ideal for any outdoor activity.