Edifier R1010BT Bookshelf Speakers Review
The Edifier R1010BT speakers are compact budget bookshelf speakers suitable for a range of uses.
They’re available in two styles, black and wood, both feature a yellow speaker which can be hidden via a removable black front plate. These have a far more traditional style to them compared to the recently reviewed Edifier Luna E235, sticking to the tried and tested cuboid shape but adding softer rounded edges than you might expect from this style of speaker.
The overall styling makes them look more premium than the price tag would suggest, and each speaker has a power output of 12W, easily enough to fill a room.
The speakers come with everything you need to get started, you have the option of two line in phono inputs as well as connecting via Bluetooth, but no optical input. They’re small enough to easily pop on a bookshelf or next to the TV on your TV stand but that doesn’t mean they have a diminutive sound.
As well as the input connectors you’ve got bass, volume and a power switch around the back. This is where you’ll also find the spring connectors that are used to wire the speakers together.
A connecting cable is included but you’ve always got the option of using a longer cable if you want the speakers further apart than the provided cable allows.
Unfortunately no remote control is included, You press the volume knob to swap between Bluetooth or analogue inputs, so you’ll need to make sure your placement of the speakers allows you access round the back if you want to make any adjustments, not as much of a problem if your source device has controls.
Only one of the speakers needs to be plug into a power socket, the integrated power cable is a little short so while you’ve some degree of freedom in placement of the second speaker the first will need to be close to the power.
If you’re use to using your laptop, mobile or TV speakers you’ll notice a huge difference when you power these up for the first time.
They have a 4″ woofer and 13mm tweeter which give you a warm, room filling, sound. The adjustable bass is really good for the compact size and you’ll hear in the video below just how much better music and films sound with the speakers over using built in speakers.
The wallet friendly price point puts these speakers up against Bluetooth and smart speakers. The R1010BTs certainly sound a lot better than either the Amazon Echo or Google Home, and while there isn’t any WiFi connectivity you could easily add some streaming smarts via the recently reviewed low cost AudioCast dongle.
The Edifier R1010BT offer a great option for those looking to upgrade from basic speakers, such as those found in laptops, they’d also be a good pick for a second system, in the spare room perhaps. Pricing wise they might come up against some Bluetooth and smart speakers, but features wise they offer good stereo separation and the ability to be used in a wider range of situations.
Edifier R1010BT Bookshelf Speakers Video Review
Edifier R1010BT - 4" Powered Bluetooth Wireless Multimedia Studio Monitor Speakers (Pair) 24 Watts RMS - Wood
1 used from £67.00
- RAISE YOUR SOUND: To kick it up a notch, R1010BT re-introduces bookshelf speakers in a whole new way. What you get is the high-quality audio performance you’d never expect from such a compact design.
- MORE THAN ONE WAY TO CONNECT: Dual integrated line-in jacks for connection to other analogue audio devices, saving you the trouble of plugging in and pulling out.The tone control encompasses bass and volume together with the dynamic treble enhancement on channel A are dedicated to catering to your playback preference.
- 15mm thick MDF (medium-density fibreboard) enclosures that damps out unwanted, extraneous energy and vibration.
- Total power output: R/L 12W+12W
- Dimension: 6in x 9.5in x 7in (WxHxD)
Edifier R1280DBs Active Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Optical Input - 2.0 Wireless Studio Monitor Speaker - 42W RMS with Subwoofer Line Out - Wood Grain
£139.99 in stock
1 used from £133.07
- BLUETOOTH 5.0 - Pair the speaker with your smartphone, tablet, Mac, or laptop to play music wirelessly, no need to deal with messy wires.
- SUB OUT AND OPT/COAX INPUTS - Sub-out output works with external subwoofer. Optical and coaxial inputs to ensure a lossless connection to TVs and computers.
- DISTORTION-FREE SOUND - Fill your room with beautiful sound with its 42W continuous undistorted power, 13mm silk dome tweeter unit, and 4-inch sub-woofer unit.
- REMOTE CONTROL - Wireless remote for easy control of volume, mute/unmute, switch OPT/COAX mode, switch line-in, and Bluetooth mode. Bass, treble, and volume control buttons located on the side panel.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - R1280DBs is proudly designed and manufactured by Edifier. The entire system is back with a 2 year warranty.
Edifier R1280DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Optical Input - Wireless Studio Monitors - 4 Inch Near Field Speaker - 42w RMS - Black
1 used from £109.00
- BLUETOOTH WIRELESS - Popular classic bookshelf speakers now can be enjoyed without the hassle of wires. Simply connection to an iPhone, Android, Tablet, PC or Mac.
- STUDIO SOUND QUALITY - Naturally fine tuned sound reproduction from 4 inch bass and 13mm silk dome tweeter.
- OPTICAL AND COAXIAL INPUTS - Digital inputs to enable lossless connection to most TV and computers.
- REMOTE CONTROL - Adjust the volume and toggle inputs at your fingertips. Bass and treble control located on the side of main speaker.