Fitbit are back with a new fitness tracking smartwatch, the Versa. Although many are saying this is the successor to the Fitbit Blaze it looks and feels more like the successor to the Pebble Time, sharing a lot of the promised features of the cancelled Time 2.
It looks similar to the Pebble, with a slightly larger screen that has a better resolution. The Versa doesn’t use eInk, but it is touch screen and the the screen is crisp, clear and very easy to see even in bright daylight. Check out the video review below to see them side by side.
There are three buttons around the watch, a single one on the left and two smaller on the right. Around the back is a heart rate monitor and charging pins.
You charge the Versa via the included charging dock, it’s quick to charge and has very good battery life, easily last 3 to 4 days depending on how many of the features you use.
As you’d expect from Fitbit, the Versa is a brilliant fitness tracker. It’s packed with technology that allows it to track steps, heart rate, sleep, individual activities and workouts.
To help get you moving it has the Fitbit Coach built in, allowing you to perform a guided workout where ever you happen to be.
The Versa is missing GPS, you’ll need your mobile to log where you’ve been, however if you’re not bothered about GPS tracking you can leave you phone at home as this wearable isn’t just a fitness tracking watch, it’s also a music player! Music files can be loaded on via your computer (feels a bit clunky but gets the job done), headphones can be paired with the watch and you can play music without needing your mobile.
You can take advantage of music from Pandora or Deezer, but at the time of review there is no Spotify, hopefully a Spotify app will be added in the future.
For those with supported banks (Santander was recently added in the UK) you make contactless payment at the touch of the watch, very handy if you want to go for a run without cards or money but fancy picking up a drink or snack.
The touchscreen interface works really well, the icons are clear and easy to select, with both real time and historical stats available to view. The stats are also available in the excellent Fitbit app and via the Fitbit website, with all options providing a wealth of information.
Additional apps and watch faces can be installed via the main Fitbit app, there is a good selection of watch faces already, and a number of them will look familiar to Pebble users. There aren’t many additional apps of interest in the store at the moment, again that might change in time.
One are the Pebble is excellent at is notifications, with the watch pinging at the same time as the mobile. Notifications on the Versa have been hit and miss, sometimes they come through, sometimes they don’t. When they work they’re brilliant, easy to read on the screen and easy to dismiss once you’re finished with them.
There’s a lot to like about the Versa, and being software based it can only get better as more features and apps are rolled out. It’s comfortable to wear, looks great and provides a very comprehensive set of fitness and sleep tracking stats.
The Fitbit Versa is available now from:
Fitbit Versa Video Review
Fitbit Versa 3 Health & Fitness Smartwatch with 6-months Premium Membership Included, Built-in GPS, Daily Readiness Score and up to 6+ Days Battery, Black
£143.97 in stock
38 used from £107.37
- Battery Life: Up to 6 days with fast charge
- Compatibility: Compatible with iOS 12.2 or higher & Android OS 7.0 or higher
- Built-In GPS: With built-in GPS, leave your phone behind and explore the outdoors with pace and distance on your tracker and see a workout intensity map showing your route and effort in the app when you’re done
- 24/7 Heart Rate: Use 24/7 heart rate to better track calorie burn, optimise workouts and uncover personalised health trends that inspire you to make moves on your health and fitness goals
- Store & Play Music: Store and play your music and podcasts plus Spotify - Connect & Control and add Deezer playlists; subscriptions required for use of music services; not available in all countries
[4 Pack] Straps compatible with Fitbit Versa 2, Fitbit Versa, Versa Lite/SE, Classic TPU Silicone Sport Adjustable Replacement Accessories for Women/Men, Small/Large (Black/Blue/Green/Wine red, Large)
- These Replacement straps Compatible with Fitbit Versa 2 / Fitbit Versa / Fitbit Versa Lite / Fitbit Versa Special Edtion. Various new arrival colors to personalize your Fibit Versa for every occasion (Replacement Bands Only: The Fitbit Versa Smart Watch not included).
- High Quality Material: Yandu replacement straps for Fitbit Versa are made of soft, flexible, durable elastomer that are easy to clean, comfortable to wear and eco-friendly for the human skin, bringing comfortable experience when you exercise, sleep and beyond.
- Available in multiple colors and two sizes for Fitbit Versa/Versa 2/Fitbit Versa Lite women men, freely adjustable stainless steel buckle holds Versa sturdily. Each color is seemed like a brand new watch. Small Size fits for 5.5" - 7.1" (140mm-178mm) wrist. Large Size fits for 7.1" -8.7"(178mm-220mm) wrist.
- Secure Design: Stainless Steel Buckle and Two fastener rings can double hold your Fitbit Versa 2 bands in the place securely and make the extra band's length neatly. No longer to worry about falling off your Fitbit Versa smart watch.
- 【Our Service】6-month warranty after the date of purchase, Replacement or full refund without returning for all quality-related issues. Please feel free to contact us at any time, we will give you a response within 24 hours.
Dirrelo 2 Pack Strap Compatible with Fitbit Versa Strap/Fitbit Versa 2 Strap/Fitbit Versa Lite Strap, Slim Narrow Breathable Silicone Replacement for Fitbit Versa SE, Black+Wine S
£6.79 in stock
- ➤Compatible Models: Our slim silicone wristband fit for Fitbit Versa Strap/Fitbit Versa 2 Strap/Fitbit Versa Lite/Fitbit Versa Lite Edition/Fitbit Versa Special Edition. Small size for 5.5"-7.1" wrist. Large size for 7.1"-8.7" wrist
- ➤Distinctive Hole: The openming on both side of the strap makes it lighter and breathable when wear it, sweat resistant, this Hollowed-out design make you snug and ventilated in meeting, traveling, swimming, traveling, yoga, jogging
- ➤Premium Quality: Dirrelo thin band is made of Premium silicone with stainless metal buckle, NO skin stimulation, soft and durable, offer you the elegant and comfortable wearing experience
- ➤The strong pins and buckle making the lock to tracker more durable and safe, and the double loops can lock secure any extra band. No Worry about falling off your Fitbit Versa SE Watch even during sports
- ➤2 Pack: More than 10 colours available personalize your watch to fit your mood and outfit in daily life, and you can mix up 2 different colors of bands to dress up your watch and highlight your unique taste