How to remove DJI OSMO Action Lens Filter
The recently reviewed DJI OSMO Action is a fantastic bit of technology, but out of the box I recently discovered a very frustrating feature: It feels impossible to remove the lens cap from a fresh OSMO Action!
You should be able to unscrew the lens filter by turning it anti clockwise, yet trying as hard as I could it wouldn’t budge at all. For most people this won’t be an issue, but if you damage the original lens cap, or want to replace it with different filters, this becomes a very frustrating feature.
Turns out DJI missed out a vital tool from OSMO Action’s box: an elastic band!
If you’re struggling to remove this by hand don’t worry, this tip will make things a lot easier and also stops you accidentally damaging your shiny new action camera with a pair of pliers. Grab an elastic band and wrap it around the lens cap, then try to turn it anti clockwise again. It’s still tough, but you should feel a satisfying pop as it finally comes loose.
I found this only needed to be done once, it seems that DJI may do something at the factory that creats this super tight seal and after that first time you’ll find it much easier to unscrew the cap. Just remember to make sure to tighten up the lens cap when replacing, the DJI OSMO Action is waterproof…but only if you’ve maintained a good seal on the lens.
Hopefully this has been useful, if you’ve a different method let everyone know in the comments section below, but for me the elastic band method gets the thumbs up.
DJI OSMO Action Camera
£269.95 in stock
2 used from £244.57
- DOUBLE DISPLAY: Whether you want to record your world from behind a lens or be the star of the show, Osmo Action’s dual screens allow you to capture it all with the touch of a button
- ROCKSTEADY: RockSteady combines EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization System) with complex algorithms, delivering stable, shake-free footage no matter how heavy the action gets
- DYNAMIC DETAILS WITH HDR: Enhance the dynamic range of your footage when recording with HDR video; the natural transition between light and shadow will make you capture those rich details
- 11 M WATERPROOF: Sporting a watertight seal and a hydrophobic coating on the back touchscreen, Osmo Action is waterproof at depths of up to 11 meters, making it the perfect underwater companion
- EXPLORE DIVERSE FUNCTIONS: Such as Slow Motion, Custom Exposure Setting, Timelapse, Timed Shooting Mode, Custom Mode, QS Button, SnapShot, Voice Control