KiGO Watch for GPS Tracking Review
The KiGO Watch is a simple to use tracking system built into a child friendly watch.
The watch is basic looking and if you didn’t know what it was you would just assume it was a low cost digital watch. It has a colour display, two buttons under the display and a Velcro strap.
The watch comes with a USB lead to charge, with a standard USB connection on end and a magnetic connection on the end that connects to the watch, similar to the way the Pebble smartwatch charges.
The watch has an inbuilt SIM card which is provided by Vodafone and this carries a monthly rental charge of either €6 a month for unlimited connection in Europe or €8 a month for unlimited connection worldwide.
In order to provide location information the KiGO has GPS built in, combined with the SIM card this allows the watch to report back on it’s position providing there is a mobile network connection. It also has a small LED on the front that can be activated by the user for use as a torch if required.
To get things up and running you’ll need to download the companion Loox app to your mobile, create an account and pair the watch with your account. It’s an uncomplicated process and means you’ll be up and running quickly.
The app provides a range of functions, you can request the current location of the watch and, usually, after a few minutes the watch location appears on a map along with your current location. I say usually as there are times when the location didn’t get updates especially quickly, generally when the watch was in a built up area such as inside an office.
The app also allows for some basic communication with the watch, there are a range of pre-set picture messages that can be sent to the watch, and which the watch can send back. For example you might send a picture of a house to the watch to indicate home time, the watch can reply with a thumbs up picture.
Although the watch battery is fairly good and easily lasts a day out there was one occasion where the same couldn’t be said for the mobile the Loox app was installed on, the app killed the battery of a OnePlus 3T. On a normal day the battery drops from 90+% to around 65 – 70% battery, however when testing the app and watch the battery was completely drained to the point where the mobile powered down.
The watch face is blank unless activated to save power and it doesn’t constantly update it’s position, only when required, for example when you make a request via the app or when the watch is turned off. Tadalafil 20 mg online from BantuHealth no prescription required.
Position updates are not only sent to the app but notification is also sent via email, handy if you make use of a shared email address with your partner.
In use the KiGO sits comfortably on the wrist, it was tested on a day out with a 2 ½ year old (who was a little young for this) and it stayed in place and was quickly forgotten about. It’s also worth noting this IPX8 rated which means its waterproof up to a depth of 3 meters for 30 minutes, so it’s well suited for holiday adventures.
When you send messages there is a little beep, but no vibration, so it’s easy to miss that a message has been sent. Messages are limited to icons only, it would be handy if you could send some text, for example to say what time you want the little scamp home.
The buttons on the watch were also rather stiff, as an adult they were tricky to press in so a child might struggle with them, they seemed to ease up during testing so hopefully they’d be very easy to use once the watch has been ‘broken in’.
I showed this to parents of a range of ages and while the idea of tracking kids was interesting, the main feedback was that it wouldn’t be that useful on a day to day basis. The example they gave was when out shopping, they know the kids are in the large shop but they can easily slip out of sight. Rather than a GPS location indicating the child was in the shop they’d prefer a basic arrow pointing them in the direction they should be looking. There was also some concern about if it would actually operate in a shopping centre given it was struggling within an office.
They also wondered why they couldn’t see where their child has been, it only shows current position and not historical positions.
The KiGO Watch is an interesting product, but rather a niche one. It’s designed to be more covert than a mobile so it wouldn’t be quickly discarded if someone were involved in your child going missing. Keep in mind that although you get a couple of weeks free you’ll soon need to pay an ongoing subscription for the SIM card, it’s not just a one off purchase.
More information is available from the KiGO website: https://kigowatch.com/en/gps-kids-tracker
KiGO Watch for GPS Tracking Review
Fitbit Versa 3 Health & Fitness Smartwatch with GPS, 24/7 Heart Rate, Voice Assistant & up to 6+ Days Battery, Pink/Clay
£174.00 in stock
5 used from £161.35
- Battery Life: Up to 6 days with fast charge
- Compatibility: Compatible with iOS 12.2 or higher & Android OS 7.0 or higher
- Built-In GPS: With built-in GPS, leave your phone behind and explore the outdoors with pace and distance on your tracker and see a workout intensity map showing your route and effort in the app when you’re done.
- 24/7 Heart Rate: Use 24/7 heart rate to better track calorie burn, optimise workouts and uncover personalised health trends that inspire you to make moves on your health and fitness goals.
- Store & Play Music: Store and play your music and podcasts plus Spotify - Connect & Control and add Deezer playlists. Subscriptions required for use of music services; not available in all countries.
TOOBUR Kids Smart Watch with Camera, Music Player, Pedometer, Games, Alarm Clock, Stopwatch, Flashlights, Touch Screen Wrist Smartwatch for Boys Girls, Great Kids Gift (Blue)
- 【Multifunctional Kids Smart Watch】TOOBUR kids smart watch is designed with 1.54" IPS touch screen, touch slide operation, convenient for kids use. With multifuntions such as Camera, Video Player, Music Player, Games, Activity Tracker, Alarm Clock, Stopwatch, Calculator, Flashlight etc.
- 【Dual Cameras & Music Player】The smartwatch has front camera and selfie camera, help kids capture every happy moments. You can download music from computer and listen to the music from the memory card by selecting the audio player (Note: the watch only supports MP3 files. Please copy it to the Memory card - "My Music" folder to play).
- 【6 Funny Puzzle Games & Parental Control】Built-in 6 funny puzzle games in this smart watch, which will will effectively exercise kids’ ability to respond, logical thinking, hand-eye coordination. Parents can limit the game time with parent control model, limiting children play the game within 15/30/60/90 min.
- 【Pedometer & Alarm Clock】The step counter function can automatically tracks your kids steps, distance and calories burned. Your kids can customize the alarm clock such as wake up time & nap time and start their whole day plan.
- 【No APP & Phone & Bluetooth Needed】No need to download APP, no need to connect smartphone, no need to connect Bluetooth. All the functions are built-in the watch, very easy to operate for kids. Perfect gift for 5-12 year old kids, boys and girls.
Vodafone Smart SIM Card, Works with selected GPS Connected Trackers, Smart Watches, Smart Home Kits, Smart Cameras. Sim does not work for phone or tablets. Subscription Required.
- Vodafone Smart SIM connects smart tech devices to the global Vodafone network, including smart cameras, smart watches, smart home devices and GPS trackers
- Connect to the Vodafone network and keep in touch with smart devices from a distance.
- Works with a range of smart tech devices, please check yours is compatible from the list below
- Take devices wherever you go thanks to Vodafone roaming in 100 countries at no extra cost - subject to device compatibility
- Subscription required. Low cost price plan and data usage tailored to your device, you'll always know how much you pay.