Pebble Time Round Review – White face edition
Pebble surprised everyone soon after the Kickstarter for the Pebble Time ended with the announcement that they’d developed a round version of their iconic watch.
To ensure Kickstarter backers weren’t put out by this they allowed backers to order the round at a discounted price, and if you didn’t like it you could send it back for a full refund. If you did like it you could send the other Pebble back for a refund. Or you could keep both! Pebble did well to come up with a solution to ensure customers were not unhappy about the sudden introduction of the new round watch.
Like the previously reviewed Pebble Time Steel the Pebble Round has the same slick interface, although it’s been modified to better fit the round watch face. The design is certainly the most watch like so far, it’s beautifully thin and light, very easy to forget you have it on until it notification vibration happens to buzz.
There are a range of colours available, on review is the white face edition. Although it has many similarities to the Pebble Time Steel there are some key differences: Battery life is now around 2 days rather than 7 days; the white watch face makes the screen look really dark.
Setup was very simple, just follow the guide in the Pebble app. Notifications are still handled very slickly and there are a range of watch faces available. The white face itself had the standard watch numbers around it (5, 10, 15 etc) and these were completely redundant if you happened to pick a digital watch face rather than analogue one.
Pebble have stuck to the same button layout of one on the left and 3 on the right, they are very subtle and the slim profile of the watch ensure you can wear this without it causing problems with tighter clothes, such as shirts. A handy feature is the ability to add a short cut to the right top and bottom buttons, for example quickly jumping to the music control screen.
Apps are also available, Misfit for fitness tracking, Leaf for Nest thermostat control, there are loads available. The new Pebbles do away with the limit on the number of watch faces and apps, instead using a smart system that automatically installs and uninstalls apps. Don’t use on for a while and while it still appears on the Pebble it isn’t actually installed, when you run it the Pebble with install and open it up. Very smart.
Voice replies are also present and correct, allowing you to respond to messages using only the watch rather than having to dig out your mobile.
Pebble get a lot right with the Round, unfortunately the big issue, at least with the white variant, is that the screen is really dark and hard to make out. Here you find generic Accutane price comparison for US cutomers. Wtih the Pebble Time Steel the watch can be easily glanced at to check the time, but this wasn’t always possible with the Round as the screen was just too dark to see.
There were also occasions where the backlight didn’t come on immediately, even when flicking the watch to activate the light.
Great design, but a disappointing screen, backlight and lower than normal (for Pebble) battery life means this is one only for those who really want a slim profile watch. For everyone else the Pebble Time Steel would be a better option (or potentially Pebble Round V2).
DAS 1kg Modelling Clay - White
1 used from £3.72
- DAS modelling clay
- Packed and sealed in foil, this moist modelling clay is ready to use and air dries to a hard durable matt finish without need-for firing
- May be finished with acrylic or gold finger paints
- Available in white colour
- Great for school projects
Fullmosa 20mm Watch Straps for Men and Women, Leather Replacement Strap Compatible for Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 41mm, Galaxy Watch 42mm, Huawei Watch 2/Pro, Garmin Vivoactive 3, Grey
- Must Read Before Order:20mm watch straps fit ONLY 20mm,NOT 1921mm. Measure your watch lug width before ordering.Please refer the picture below for measurement and corresponding width of smart watch, or contact us directly. The 20mm straps are 7.87" (200mm) total length. 11 precision cut eyelets allow for individualized adjustment to fit perfectly.
- 20mm Smart Watch strap:Our 20mm leather straps fit Samsung Galaxy Watch 42mm, Galaxy Watch 3 41mm, Active 1 2 3, Huawei Watch 42, Watch 2 Pro, Garmin Vivoactive 3, Venu,Huawei,Withings Steel HR 40mm.
- Genuine Leather:Flexible genuine leather strap provides you with a more comfortable wearing experience.Classic color collocation makes your watch suitable for all occasions.Two cross stitched collars and reinforced lining ensure durability and reliability.
- Swapping in Seconds:Upgraded from traditional pins,Fullmosa quick release straps allow you to change your straps in seconds.An assistant tool also included to help you take off your old strap.
- What You Get:1*Watch Band,1*Watch Removal Kit,1*Product Manual, 1*Quality Control Card
Logitech Z200 PC Speakers, Stereo Sound, 10 Watts Peak Power, 2 x 3.5mm Inputs, Headphone Jack, Adjustable Bass, Volume Controls, UK Plug, PC/TV/Smartphone/Tablet - Midnight Black
£20.21 in stock
5 used from £18.80
- Rich Acoustics: These multimedia speakers deliver rich, clear stereo sound with its 10 Watts peak power or 5 Watts RMS power from two 2.5-inch drivers per speaker - enough power to produce room-filling audio for your music, movies or videos
- Easy Access: For fingertip control of your hifi listening experience, this stereo speaker set up has volume level and power controls built on the front panel for easy access
- Customisable Bass: Each wired stereo mini-speaker comes with a driver tuned for deep bass sounds, with an integrated tone control wheel on the side - allowing you to adjust sounds to suit your listening experience
- Dual Connectivity: This portable PC speaker set up provides two 3.5 mm audio inputs, including auxiliary line, that works with most smartphones, tablets and laptops - meaning you can listen to 2 devices at the same time without disconnecting
- Optional Privacy: If you need to listen to sound without everyone listening in, these multimedia speakers come built with a headphone cable jack - for instant privacy should you need it