The TP-Link AV1200 Powerline Adapter Starter Kit aims to provide you with a wired internet connection throughout your home or office in a couple of easy steps.
The starter pack contains two AV1200 plugs and a very short setup guide. Short because there is very little to it, you plug one of the plugs in near your router, plug the other in at the location requiring internet access, attached the Ethernet cables and you’re done!
The AV1200 then create the network connection using your electrical cabling and you’re good to go.
Each unit has a pass through plug socket built in ensuring you can still make use of the electrical outlet.
Tested in a home environment where a Virgin Media router is downstairs and the PC upstairs the network performed really well. Files copied across the network did so quickly, video streamed without a problem, and when tested on a 100 Mbps Virgin Media connection an internet speed test returned a download rate of around 80 – 85 Mbps.
If you’re using these in an environment where you are worried about someone tapping into your network via their own plug there is a little button on the side of each unit that allows you to create a secure network. Any additional plugs need to join this secure network before they can be used to access your network.
Keep in mind the AV1200 setup makes use of your electrical wiring which could impact the network speed obtained.
The TP-Link AV1200 offer a fantastic solution for those who have problems with WiFi. Setup is quick and easy and the results are a high speed network without the hassle of trunking cable around you home.
TP-Link TL-PA8010PKIT 1200 Mbps Gigabit Passthrough Powerline Starter Kit, White
- HomePlug AV2 standard compliant
- High-speed data transfer rates of up to 1200 Mbps
- Gigabit port provides secure wired networks
- Integrated power socket ensures no power outlet goes to waste
- 3 years warranty
TP-Link AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender, AV1200 Powerline Edition (TL-WPA8630 KIT)
- AC1200 Dual band Wi-Fi – delivers combined speeds of up to 1200Mbps, providing fast and seamless network for multiple devices
- AV1200 Powerline Speed – Fully meet the demand for bandwidth-intensive activities with ultra-fast powerline transfer speed of up to 1200Mbps
- Wi-Fi Clone – Automatically copies the network name (SSID) and password of your router with the touch of the Wi-Fi clone button, Refer user manual below
- Wi-Fi Auto-Sync – Makes it easy to add additional extenders to your powerline network by uniformly syncing settings such as SSID, password, Wi-Fi Schedule and LED Schedule for all network devices
- Range is 984.25 foot in house. Supports system requirements is windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, vista, xp, mac os and linux1