How to fix Google balance not updating for in-app purchases
Have you ever tried to make an in-app purchased and found your balance is lower than expected? Here’s how I fixed the problem when I had the issue.
I recently found my in-app balance was lower than my Google store balance. I knew my balance should’ve been much higher as I’d recently redeemed a Google Play credit from Topcashback (a site that helps you earn cashback on purchases made online).
I fixed it by forcing the app to refresh my account balance.
- In app select the item you wish to purchase and bring up the payment options
- Click on your existing Play credit
- Turn it off, this means the app will charge your card directly for the full amount
- Go through the same process but this time turn on use of the credit
- When you’re returned to the app you should now find your full credit balance is available for use for your in app purchase
It worked for me and meant I didn’t need to wait around for the answer to a support ticket.
If you have any other methods leave them in the comments below.